At the same time as launching Ethical Tutors, ET founder Yogi Toby launched The MEANINGFUL Education Campaign. It has several limbs, that together could make our education system much more meaningful. 1% of your payment to your Ethical Tutor will go to the Meaningful Education Campaign (on top of the 10% we give to charities the learner chooses).
1) M is for Meaning (Growing the whole person in body, mind & meaning)
2) E is for Everyone’s a Teacher (and a learner!)
3) A is for A-Z or Maps of Learning for Everyone (MOLEs)
4) N is for No More Tests (learning must take priority over measuring – AfL not judgement)
5) I is for Inclusion & Cooperation (building equality & reducing competition)
6) N is for Not Until I’m Ready (starting things at the right age)
7) G is for the 3 Goals of a Teacher (teach, love & rest)
8) F is for Fun, Games & Playfulness (enjoyment in all things)
9) U is for Understanding Meanings, not just Memorising (building on the what and how, by asking WHY?)
10) L is for Long Term National Planning (the biggest efficiency change education can make)
To understand what we mean by each of these click here.